On December 1, the level of living wage is due to increase.
On May 19, the Supreme Council of Ukraine adopted the Law “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2016″ (in relation to social standards and volume of subventions for benefits and housing allowances)”. In accordance with the Law, the costs of salaries, charge on payroll, pension coverage, support for families with children and one-time allowance, scholarships for postgraduate and doctoral students, and so on will increase.
On December 1, the level of living wage is due to increase:
– for one person per month – from 1399 UAH to 1544 UAH;
– for the children under the age of 6 – from 1228 UAH to 1355 UAH;
– for the children of the age of 6 – 18 – from 1531 UAH to 1689 UAH;
– for the able-bodied persons (minimum salary) – from 1450 UAH to 1600 UAH;
– for persons who have lost their working capacity – from 1130 UAH to 1247 UAH.
It also should be noted that the changes set by the Law apply to the increase in subsidies from the state budget to the local budgets on provision of the citizens with the benefits and housing allowances to pay for electricity, natural gas, heating, water supply and sewerage, maintenance bills (maintenance of houses and buildings and adjacent territories), removal of household waste and liquid sewage.